Agenda and draft minutes

Agenda and draft minutes

Contact: Alan Garside or Ian Smith 

Items
No. Item

6.

Apologies

    Minutes:

                Apologies were received from Councillor Crout.

     

                As Councillor Smith had sent apologies that he would be arriving late, the task group agreed to start the meeting and appoint a chair until he arrived.

     

                RESOLVED –

     

                that Councillor Grimston be appointed Chair until Councillor Smith arrived.

     

7.

Disclosure of Interests

    Minutes:

    There were no disclosures of interest.

8.

Minutes of previous meeting

    The minutes of the meeting on 18 September 2019 were submitted and signed.

    Minutes:

    The minutes of the meeting held on 18 September 2019 were submitted and signed       .

     

9.

Exclusion of press and public

    The Chair to move: that, under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business as it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during consideration of the item there would be disclosure to them of exempt information as defined in Section 100(1) of the Act for the reasons stated below in terms of Schedule 12A.

     

    Note: if approved, the Chair will ask members of the press and public to leave the meeting at this point.


     

    Minutes:

    RESOLVED –

    that, under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business as it was likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during consideration of the item there would be disclosure to them of exempt information as defined in Section 100(1) Schedule 12A of the Act for the reasons stated in the agenda.

     

10.

Feedback from theatre operators

    With respect to the feedback from theatre operators in question 6 of the attached document, the Head of Leisure and Environmental Services to report on a revised concessionary pricing policy - and the task group to consider an associated recommendation. Members then to discuss the feedback in questions 8 to 13 of the document and make recommendations.

     

    Minutes:

    The task group discussed the feedback from the theatre operators in question numbers eight to thirteen outlined in the report and the Head of Leisure and Environmental Services, assisted by the Contract & Partnership Manager – Leisure & Community Services, responded to member’s inquiries and comments.   The task group made a number of recommendations.

11.

Further meeting

    Members to discuss whether there will be a need for a further meeting to conclude the task group.

    Minutes:

    The committee discussed the need to hold a further meeting.   Members felt that it would not be necessary to hold a further meeting, as the draft report could be circulated by email prior to it being presented to Overview and Scrutiny Committee in December.  However, they decided to reserve the right to hold an additional meeting if it was felt necessary to discuss the task group’s report further.

     

    RESOLVED –

     

    that a third meeting is not required unless further discussion of the task group’s report and recommendations needs to take place. 

     

 

rating button