Issue - meetings
New scrutiny task group - WBC's relationship with W3RT during the COVID 19 pandemic
Report of the Senior Democratic Services Officer.
The scrutiny committee received the report of the Senior Democratic Services Officer. This provided details of a potential scrutiny review about Watford Borough Council’s relationship with the Watford and Three Rivers Trust (W3RT) during the Covid-19 pandemic. The proposal had arisen from discussions at the last meeting of Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 18 June.
The Senior Democratic Services Officer asked the committee to consider the scrutiny suggestion and if approved agree the membership and chair from amongst the nominations received. Since publication of the agenda there had been two developments:
• Councillor Pattinson had withdrawn her expression of interest to chair the task group
• Councillor Dhindsa had put his name forward to participate.
It was noted that the Senior Democratic Services Officer would work with the newly appointed task group chair to establish a schedule of meetings with the various stakeholders. The task group’s final report and recommendations would be presented to Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 22 October 2020 before being submitted to Cabinet for consideration at the beginning of November.
The scrutiny committee was further advised that proposals on a second task group addressing issues around Watford’s BAME communities would be put to Overview and Scrutiny Committee at its next meeting on 24 September.
• that a new task group be established to review Watford Borough Council’s relationship with the Watford and Three Rivers Trust (W3RT) during the Covid-19 pandemic
• that the Watford Borough Council’s Relationship with the Watford and Three Rivers Trust (W3RT) during the Covid-19 Pandemic Task Group comprises Councillors Allen-Williamson, Dhindsa, Grimston, Pattinson, Saffery
• that Councillor Saffery be appointed Chair of the Task Group.