Issue - meetings
Recommendations from Standards Committee 25 February 2020
Meeting: 19/05/2020 - Council (Item 16)
- Appendix 1 - Report to Standards Committee 25 February 2020, item 16 PDF 628 KB
- Appendix 2 - Minutes from Standards Committee 25 February 2020, item 16 PDF 362 KB
- Appendix 3 - Standards Committee Assessment Criteria, item 16 PDF 336 KB
Council received a report of the Group Head of Democracy and Governance. This summarised the views of Standards Committee on recommendations made by the Committee for Standards in Public Life regarding best practice for councils on the operation of their Codes of Conduct for councillors.
Councillor Crout, Chair of Standards Committee, moved the motion which was seconded by the Chairman.
1. that the Code of Conduct for councillors be reviewed annually by the Group Head of Democracy and Governance and the Standards Committee;
2. that the complaints procedure relating to complaints against members be updated to include the test for determining whether to investigate a complaint as set out in appendix 3;
3. that Council advertise for a second Independent Person.