Agenda and minutes
Venue: Town Hall
Contact: Ishbel Morren Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apologies for absence
There was a change of membership for this committee, Councillor Williams replaced Councillor Johnson.
Disclosure of interests
There were no disclosures of interest.
The minutes of the meeting held on 5 June 2019 to be submitted and signed.
The minutes of the meeting held on 5 June 2019 were submitted and signed.
Variation of Condition 2 (approved drawings) and Condition 9 (green wall and green roof system) of planning permission 15/01532/FULM for removal of green wall on the rear elevation of the previously approved building (amended description)
The committee received the report of the interim Head of Development Management, including the relevant planning history of the site.
The Development Management Team Leader explained that the application sought the variation of condition 2 (approved drawings) and condition 9 (green wall and green roof system) of planning permission 15/01532/FULM for removal of the green wall on the rear elevation of the previously approved building (amended description). This application had been considered by the committee at its meeting on 5 June 2019 when a decision was deferred.
Attention was drawn to the update sheet which set out changes to conditions 1 and 8.
Inviting comments from the committee, the Chair reiterated that the green wall as originally perceived in planning permission 15/01532/FULM was no longer an option. Members should focus instead on the two brick designs which had been proposed by the developer.
Councillor Watkin described the outcome of his efforts to canvass opinion from residents most impacted by changes to the green wall on Nascot Street and Malden Road. This had proved inconclusive.
Members reflected that revisions to fire safety advice as a result of Grenfell could impact on the council’s ability to promote more innovative green solutions to new developments, particularly where land was not available for gardens. Genuinely green elements in new developments were desirable.
The Development Management Team Leader advised that restrictions applied to structures over 18 metres in height. New guidance was anticipated and it was not yet clear what this would specify for green walls in the future.
The Chair moved the officer’s recommendation subject to the deed of variation and changes to conditions 1 and 8.
That planning permission be granted subject to the completion of a deed of variation to secure the planning obligations contained in the s.106 agreement dated 16 March 2017 as part of planning permission 15/01532/FULM and the conditions listed below.
1. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with
the following approved drawings:-
101 Rev P10; 110 Rev P10; 120 Rev P10; 121 Rev P10; PL 100; PL 101; PL 102; PL 103; PL 104; PL 105; PL 106; PL 107; PL 108; PL 109; PL 110; PL 111 Rev C; PL 115; TPP/CHSARWH/010 Rev B; and LP/CHSARWH/020 Rev B.
2. No demolition or construction of the development hereby permitted shall take place outside the hours of 0800 to 1800 Mondays to Fridays, or 0800 to 1300 Saturdays or at any time on Sundays and Public Holidays.
3. No part of the development shall be occupied until details of privacy screens for the balconies at Flats numbered A1-1; A2-1; A3-1; A4-1; and A5-1 have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Dwellings A1-1; A2-1; A3-1; A4-1; and A5-1 shall not be occupied until the balcony privacy screens have been installed in accordance with the approved details. The privacy screens shall be retained at all times thereafter.
4. The roof outside Flats numbered A6-1 and A6-7 on level 6 ... view the full minutes text for item 11.
Variation of the S106 Agreement to fix the number and mix of dwellings in Phase 1 and allow for flexibility in the commencement for any unforeseen delays.
The committee received the report of the interim Head of Development Management, including the relevant planning history of the site and details of the responses to the application.
The interim Head of Development Management introduced the item. She explained that the application sought a variation of a section 106 agreement of the above planning application to fix the number and mix of dwellings in phase 1 and allow for flexibility in the commencement for any unforeseen delays.
In response to a question, the interim Head of Development Management confirmed that the variation would not affect the number or mix of affordable housing units for phase 1.
There were no speakers and the Chair moved the officer’s recommendation.
That the S106 associated with planning permission 17/01511/FULM be varied to:
1) Allow flexibility for the commencement date; and
2) Remove Phase 1 from the viability review regardless of the commencement date.