Polling District, places and stations review
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Council received a report of the Electoral Services Manager which set out the results of a review of the Polling Districts and Polling Places within the Borough. Proposals for changes, including alternative premises had been received and shown in Appendix 1 to the report.
1. that the current arrangements for Callowland, Central, Meriden, Nascot, Park, Stanborough, Vicarage and Woodside wards, as set out in Appendix 1 to the report, continue without change.
2. that the existing 2 x polling places / 5 x polling stations within Holywell Ward be retained without addition for the reasons set out in Appendix 2 of the report.
3. that the current arrangements, including the use of Orchard Primary School and Cherry tree Primary, within Leggatts Ward be retained for the reasons set out in Appendix 2 of the report.
4. that the arrangements for Oxhey Ward continue unchanged following advice that the existing polling arrangements for polling district LB is acceptable to the Bushey and Oxhey Infants School for the foreseeable future, as set out in Appendix 1 of the report.
5. that the current arrangements for Tudor Ward be retained and to note that upon completion of the rebuild of Centrepoint Community Centre these facilities will be checked and consideration will be given for the return from the current arrangement with Glen Rovers Hurling and Football Club.
Report author: Gordon Amos
Publication date: 24/10/2019
Date of decision: 15/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 15/10/2019 - Council