Letting to West Herts Hospital NHS Trust
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That Cabinet agrees to the entering into an agreement for lease and subsequent lease with West Herts Hospital NHS Trust having had regard to the advice set out in the report.
2. That Cabinet agrees to the entering into a sublease from WHHT on the terms detailed in the report.
3. That Cabinet agrees to the entering into a Deed of Guarantee, Service Charge Deed, Council Access Licence, Memorandum of Understanding and a Deed of Variation to the Watford Health Campus Development Agreement together with all associated documentation necessary to facilitate the development and completion of the property.
4. That Cabinet delegates to the Interim Head of Regeneration and Property in consultation with the Group Head of Democracy and Governance the approval of the final terms of the agreement for lease, lease, sub-lease, the Deed of Variation, Memorandum of Understanding and the Guarantee.
5. That Cabinet delegates authority to the Group Head of Place, in consultation with the Director of Finance and the Cabinet Member for Property and Housing to agree to any revised terms for the lease and sublease.
6. That Cabinet agrees that until an acceptable lease variation has been documented as set out in 5 above, the council will not enter into any further land transactions with WHHT.
Report author: Peter Hall
Publication date: 04/03/2021
Date of decision: 01/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 01/03/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/03/2021