Update on progress at Watford Riverwell
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Update on the 2020 Business Plan for Watford
Riverwell, the progress to date and the next steps in the
Cabinet received a report of the Interim Head of Regeneration and Property which provided an update on the progress to date on the regeneration of Watford Riverwell.
1. that Cabinet endorses the Watford Health Campus Partnership LLP business plan for Riverwell appended to the report.
2. that Cabinet notes the decision to increase the number of socially rented homes and to deliver 35% affordable housing by habitable room in order to best respond to the current demand for larger socially rented homes in Watford.
3. that Cabinet notes West Hertfordshire Hospital Trust (WHHT) will fund and fully operate and maintain the MSCP dedicated to hospital usage whilst the Watford Health Campus Partnership LLP will provide Development and Project Management services and deliver it as a ‘turnkey’ project to WHHT.
4. that Cabinet notes the current plans to redevelop the Watford General Hospital campus and the steps being taken to integrate the two masterplans to deliver cohesive regeneration.
5. that Cabinet notes the options for Industrial Zone North.
6. that Cabinet notes the progress made at Woodlands.
7. that Cabinet notes the progress on sites sold to third party developers (Mayfield and Bellway).
Report author: Lauren Sharkey
Publication date: 09/12/2020
Date of decision: 30/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 30/11/2020 - Cabinet