Joint Committee for the Herts Growth Board
Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To establish a Joint Committee for the Herts
that Cabinet recommends to Council:
1. that it agrees to the establishment of the Growth Board and Growth Board Scrutiny Joint Committees (to hold their inaugural meetings in December 2020 and then HGB Scrutiny February 2021) for the Hertfordshire Growth Board and that the Council becomes a member of both.
2. that the Council adopts the Growth Board Integrated Governance Framework into its own constitutional framework.
3. that it nominates a member and substitute member as its representative to the Scrutiny Committee. (Nominees must not be members of the Executive).
4. that it notes that the Elected Mayor is nominated as the Council’s representative on the Joint Committee and that the Elected Mayor has delegated authority to nominate a substitute representative as required.
5. that Cabinet nominates the Elected Mayor as the Council’s representative on the Joint Committee and that he be entitled to nominate a substitute from other members of the executive to attend meetings in his absence.
Report author: Carol Chen
Publication date: 08/10/2020
Date of decision: 05/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 05/10/2020 - Cabinet