20/00356/FUL 807 St Albans Road Watford WD25 0LE
Decision Maker: Development Management Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Demolition of existing derelict bungalow and
erection of group of 4no. private dwellings
The Development Management Team Leader summarised his report to the meeting, including the relevant planning history of the site, and advised the committee of one additional representation that had been received from 7 Gwent Close.
The Chair noted that there were no speakers and commented that the application seemed policy compliant and that the scale of the proposed development seemed to fit well within the location. He also noted that it was a mixed development area.
There was comment from the committee that supported the application. The committee particularly welcomed the fact that the application was for family housing.
The Chair then proposed a vote to approve the application in accordance with the officer’s recommendation.
In accordance with Standing Committee Procedure Rules, paragraph 4.2, Councillor Peter Jeffree requested that it be recorded in the minutes how members cast their votes.
Those members voting for the motion:
Councillors Bell, Collett, Jeffree, Johnson, Mills, Pattinson, Sharpe, Smith and Watkin.
Those members voting against the motion:
The motion was declared to be CARRIED by nine to none with no abstentions.
That planning permission be granted subject to the conditions listed below:
1. The development to which this permission relates shall be begun within a period of three years commencing on the date of this permission.
2. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the following drawings, unless otherwise approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The following drawings are hereby approved:
20-68-01 Existing Plans
20-68-20 Rev F Proposed Plans
20-68-21 Rev F Proposed Elevations
3. Prior to the commencement of the site works the applicant shall submit a construction management plan setting out details on any demolition works, removal of materials from site, parking for all contractors, subcontractors, visitors and delivery vehicles, storage of materials to be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority in consultation with the Highway Authority and that area shall be maintained available for use at all times during the period of site works.
4. A 2mx2m pedestrian visibility sight splay, free from obstruction between a height of 600mm and 2.0m and relative to the back of the footway shall be provided on both sides of vehicular access prior to the operational use and thereafter.
5. Before being brought in to use new parking areas shall be surfaced in tarmacadam or similar durable bound material and arrangements shall be made for surface water from the site to be intercepted and disposed of separately so that it does not discharge into highway.
6. Prior to commencement of the proposed development works the existing gates at the two access points should be removed permanently to avoid vehicles parking on a busy highway a main distributor road for gates to be opened and closed.
7. No external facing materials shall be installed on any building of the development until full details and samples of all the materials to be used for the external surfaces of the buildings have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
8. No part of the development shall be occupied until full details of both hard and soft landscaping works, including details of all trees and soft landscaping to be planted, any changes to ground levels around the building, all pathways, all hard surfacing, amenity areas/paving and boundary treatments have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The scheme shall include increased soft landscaping to the front area of the site. The approved landscaping scheme, with the exception of the planting, shall be completed prior to any occupation of the development. Any proposed planting shall be completed not later than the first available planting and seeding season after completion of the development. Any new trees or plants which within a period of five years die, are removed or become seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of similar size and species, or in accordance with details approved by the Local Planning Authority.
Report author: Paul Baxter
Publication date: 10/06/2020
Date of decision: 03/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/06/2020 - Development Management Committee